Pop the bubbles, today I open the virtual doors of SkeletonWeirdo. This blog is to become my online playhouse: where I’ll share recipes, lifestyle content and DIY’s with you. And I don’t drink but I guess, kind of maybe, that these rocky road donuts will be good in combination with bubbles?
I had never eaten anything rocky road, i know, i know. That obviously had to change. But the REAL question was, with which recipe to start. Waffles? Cake? Chocolate Bars? (Google has so many options) NO, i decided to go for donuts.
How to make rocky road donuts?
3 1/2 cups of flour
3/4 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cups of milk
70 g of butter
1. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Let the mixture rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
2. In another large bowl, whisk the butter, milk and the eggs.
3. Once the 30 minutes have passed, slowly whisk the dry ingredients-dough through the wet dough until a sticky dough is formed.
4. Fill the bottom of your pan with vegetable oil and heat the oil on medium-heat. (should take about 5-7 minutes)
5. Use your palms to press the dough into a long line (the thickness of what you’d like your donut to be), and twist them into the round shape of a donut.
6. Place a wire rack next to your pan, for the donuts to cool off after frying.
7. If the oil is warm enough a donut should fry for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
8. Once the donuts are fried, use tongs to safely remove the donuts from the pan. Let them cool on the wire rack.
If you want to go for fast and simple, just skip ‘the donuts’-making part and get yourself some store-bought chocolate donuts.
The rocky road
Milk chocolate bars
White chocolate bars
88% pure chocolate bars
1. Use three different small pans to melt the chocolate au-bain-marie. Use a fourth pan to melt the caramel.
2. Dip the top of the donuts into the melted milk chocolate.
3. Use a teaspoon or a tiny piping bag to swirl the three melted chocolates ánd the caramel over the donuts.
4. Add the marshmallows and chopped hazelnuts, before the chocolate dries.
and OHMYGOSH, rocky road is amazing. why did i wait twenty six years to taste this?
I’ve tried both the time consuming home made one and the store bought one, and both taste g r e a t. So, do you not want to spend all afternoon making donuts – which i fully understand – supermarket chocolate donuts are a good option.
do you like rocky road?